How Can Acupuncture Help Me?
Prevention is the best medicine. The human body is constantly regenerating itself, and therein lies the opportunity to heal itself. It is our goal to find and correct the imbalances that produced your symptoms before further damage results; thereby treating pain and symptomology while simultaneously addressing the root of the problem.
Results may be experienced within 1 or 2 treatments, but more likely to be experienced after a course of several treatments. The exact number depends upon your body’s response to this healing modality, its internal integrity and the degree of damage to the body. The therapeutic benefits of the treatments will build upon themselves to help you maintain a more optimal level of health.
What Will Acupuncture Treat?
Acupuncture can treat a wide range of diseases and physical problems. The World Health Organization (WHO) has formally proclaimed that acupuncture is an effective medical treatment, declaring, “The sheer weight of evidence demands that acupuncture must be taken seriously as a clinical procedure of considerable value.”
The WHO recognizes acupuncture and traditional oriental medicine’s ability to treat over 43 common disorders and diseases including:
• Gastrointestinal Disorders: food allergies, peptic ulcers, chronic diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, gastrointestinal weakness, anorexia, gastritis and acid reflux.
• Urogenital Disorders: Irregular, Heavy, or Painful Menstruation, Premenstrual Symptoms, Infertility in Women & Men.
• Respiratory Disorders: Asthma, Emphysema, Sinusitis, Allergies, and Bronchitis
• Disorders of the Bones, Muscles, Joints, and Nervous System: Arthritis, Migraine Headaches, Neuralgia, Insomnia, Dizziness, Leg, Low Back, Neck and Shoulder Pain
• Circulatory Disorders: Hypertension, Angina, Arteriosclerosis, and Anemia
• Emotional and Psychological Disorders: Depression, Anxiety
• Addictions: Nicotine, Alcohol, Drugs, Food
• Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders
• Supportive Therapy for other chronic and painful debilitating disorders
Applications of Oriental Medicine could include eliminating pain entirely, reducing pain and its associated medication, and/or expediting the recovery process after surgery.
Internal imbalances such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia are addressed from both a symptom reduction approach, as well as, addressing the root cause.
What is Acupuncture and How Does it Work?
The ancient Chinese believed that energy, called Qi (pronounced Chee), flows to each cell of the body
According the classical doctrines of Chinese Medicine, there is an unceasing flow of “life energy” through the body. This vital energy called Qi (prounounced Chee) originates from the major organs, flows along continuous circulatory channels called meridians and passes through other organs to end or begin on the extremeties.
If the energy gets stuck at a certain spot, it creates an imbalance that can lead to a variety of health problems.
Acupuncture focuses on points where Qi tends to get stuck. Stimulating these points with needles restores normal qi circulation, allowing the cells to return to their healthy state.
When the energy flow is smooth and balanced you are healthy!
Areas of Treatment at AcuHealth Acupuncture include:
• Proficiency in diagnosis and treatment of disorders relating to Musculoskeletal, OB/GYN, Emotional and Internal bodily systems
• Will provide lifestyle and dietary counseling as appropriate
• Will administer a course of treatment for a natural face lift utilizing acupuncture, herbal poultices, nutrition and tune-ups for overall health that result in a healthy glow and tone skin. (some very famous movie stars use this technique, as it is a healthy alternative to surgical facelifts)
¨ Skilled in the use of Traditional Chinese Scalp and YNSA systems, Auricular and Body acupuncture, Moxibustion, Cupping, Tuina, and Electrical Stimulation
• Detoxification protocol to stop smoking and/or addictions to harmful substances
Do I Have to Choose Between Acupuncture and Other Types of Healthcare?
We will be happy to work in conjunction with you and other healthcare practitioners. Acupuncture is compatible with other systems of health care. Please inform your acupuncturist of any other health systems and/or medications which you are currently using so that we may integrate our efforts. Our wish is that you receive maximum benefit from all sources. With a personal history in Traditional/Western medicine, we choose to, “Use the Golden Therapy,” The doctors who so diligently schooled us in this medicine, encouraged the collaboration of all great medicinal disciplines. By doing so, each patient is empowered to find their path to wellness. We look forward to working with you and your healthcare provider so you may gain maximum health benefits from these two medical disciplines.
Will Insurance Cover Treatments?
The cost of treatment is covered by many major health insurance companies; please check your particular policy by calling the toll free number on the back of your card.
We will gladly provide you with a Superbill with the proper codes required by your insurance carrier to encourage coverage of this visit or a Simple Bill to put towards your Deductible/Health Flex Plan.