What Will Acupuncture Treat?
Acupuncture can treat a wide range of diseases and physical problems. The World Health Organization (WHO) has formally proclaimed that acupuncture is an effective medical treatment, declaring, “The sheer weight of evidence demands that acupuncture must be taken seriously as a clinical procedure of considerable value.”
The WHO recognizes acupuncture and traditional oriental medicine’s ability to treat over 43 common disorders and diseases including:
• Gastrointestinal Disorders: food allergies, peptic ulcers, chronic diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, gastrointestinal weakness, anorexia, gastritis and acid reflux.
• Urogenital Disorders: Irregular, Heavy, or Painful Menstruation, Premenstrual Symptoms, Infertility in Women & Men.
• Respiratory Disorders: Asthma, Emphysema, Sinusitis, Allergies, and Bronchitis
• Disorders of the Bones, Muscles, Joints, and Nervous System: Arthritis, Migraine Headaches, Neuralgia, Insomnia, Dizziness, Leg, Low Back, Neck and Shoulder Pain
• Circulatory Disorders: Hypertension, Angina, Arteriosclerosis, and Anemia
• Emotional and Psychological Disorders: Depression, Anxiety
• Addictions: Nicotine, Alcohol, Drugs, Food
• Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders
• Supportive Therapy for other chronic and painful debilitating disorders
Applications of Oriental Medicine could include eliminating pain entirely, reducing pain and its associated medication, and/or expediting the recovery process after surgery.
Internal imbalances such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia are addressed from both a symptom reduction approach, as well as, addressing the root cause.